Our MissionGeorgia WIN List is a grassroots political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia by recruiting, training, supporting, electing, and re-electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to families and women, including the preservation of reproductive freedom.
Our VisionChanging the face of power in Georgia by electing progressive Democratic Women In Numbers to statewide and legislative offices.
- Since 2000, Georgia’s WIN List has helped elect and re-elect more than 75 endorsed women, with 45 currently serving – 13 in the Senate and 32 in the House.
- Georgia continues to lead the nation with the most Black women legislators for any state nationwide.
- Nationally, Georgia ranks 18th for the percentage of women in the legislature, rising from 32nd in 1999 when the founding mothers of WIN List first began to meet.
Training Future Leaders:The WIN Leadership Academy, our flagship program, provides an in-depth year-long training program for women who hope to seek office in the future. We also conduct regular one-day Ignite Your Inner WINner “boot camp” style candidate training sessions to expand outreach. Georgia’s WIN List has trained more than 2,100 women.
- Women are trained to run for and hold office.
- Women are funded and promoted during their campaigns.
- Women are elected and re-elected to office and “move up the ladder” with increasing responsibilities or higher offices.
- Our endorsed women feel supported by the WIN Sisterhood.
- Target legislative and statewide races.
- Recruit, train, and support pro-choice Democratic women to run for office in Georgia.
- Provide technical and financial support early so that women will be viable candidates.
- Engage and activate women on behalf of endorsed candidates.
- Foster a community of support and mentorship – our WIN Sisterhood – between all of our endorsed candidates, past and present.
Paid for and approved by Georgia WIN List. Contributions to Georgia WIN List are not deductible for income tax purposes.