Resolved to Run?
Join Georgia’s top organizations for women in politics for a half-day virtual training on your first steps to running for office!
The half-day training program offers women the opportunity to explore the possibility of running for office in Georgia and the first steps to take to launch a campaign. The curriculum provides an overview of the following subjects:
- Where we are today. A review of the current Georgia political climate, what brought us to the most competitive political season in two decades, and why Georgia is the “center of the political universe.”
- What are my options? The types of office on the ballot in the coming election cycle and an overview of the responsibilities of each.
- I want to run! What’s next? Considerations for seeking office, how to make the decision, and first steps to take prior to making an announcement.
- Preparing for campaigning – the basics. An overview of setting up your campaign infrastructure, from staffing to writing a campaign plan.
- Fundraising 101. Get to know the basics for political fundraising, and how to leverage your network and messaging.
- Messaging 101. Learn how to craft your message and how to create/elevate your public profile across social media platforms.
- Additional Resources. A preview of the unique challenges and opportunities you will face running as a woman, and where you can turn for help.
The first module by Vote Run Lead and RepGA will be 501c3 and open to the public, followed by in-depth modules on how to run – and win.